A professional customs broker is the most essential expert ensuring a well-run customs procedure and should be selected responsibly.
Customs procedures are not as simple as they appear at first glance. They require a customs broker who is an expert when it comes to complex customs procedures. The customs broker handles all customs formalities. They play a crucial role in helping you avoid the procedural complexities or even financial loss.
So, what exactly does a customs broker do?
- Manages general documents (SAD) when goods are imported, exported, re-imported, re-exported or cargo is in transit.
- Processes other documents required for cargo transportation, such as TIR carnets and CMR waybills.
- Fully represents the client in customs, i.e. throughout all customs procedures, product sampling, processing of all documents, sampling of goods, obtaining certificates of origin, etc.
- Keeps customs stock records.
- Prepares Intrastat
- Issues guarantees, letters of guarantee.
- Organizes permits for the sale of food products and alcohol in Lithuania, submits documents to the Public Food and Veterinary Service.
In addition, our company also provides fiscal agent services.
A fiscal agent represents a business operating inside or outside the EU. Foreign companies established outside the European Union must register through a branch located in Lithuania or, where there is none, through a fiscal agent.
Fiscal agent services:
- registers the foreign company as a VAT payer in Lithuania;
- registers the foreign company as a taxpayer in Lithuania;
- represents the foreign company at the tax inspectorate;
- organizes the recovery of VAT overpayment.